CAROLINA BREWING COMPANY FIRST OPENED ITS DOORS IN 1995, MAKING IT THE OLDEST ACTIVE BREWERY IN WAKE COUNTY.
- 1992: Founders Greg Shuck, John Shuck and Joe Zonin lived in Seattle and home-brewed beer in their basement.
- 1993: Once they fine-tuned their beer recipes, they toured the Southeast looking for a new market to start a craft brewery. They chose Holly Springs, NC.
- July 3, 1995: The first kegs of flagship brand Carolina Pale Ale delivered to 42nd Street Oyster Bar in Raleigh. We marked this date as the brewery’s first “official” anniversary.
- Over the next 15 years, Carolina Pale Ale (CPA) becomes a staple in bars, restaurants, and grocery stores around the Triangle.
- 2011: Mark Heath and Van Smith–long-time fans of CBC and volunteer brewers–join the ranks as partners.
- 2015: Taproom opens to celebrate 20th Anniversary as Holly Springs’ Hometown Brewery.
- 2020: 25th Anniversary of the Brewery
- 2021: After 26 years of brewing excellence, the founders decide to pass the torch to the next generation of passionate beers lovers and Jason Howard, the new owner, purchases the brewery.
- 2021 & Beyond: Watch for changes at the Brewery including a re-styled outdoor seating area, new logo, and a switch from bottles to cans that will keep your beer fresher longer. Don’t worry- the beer will stay exactly the same- with perhaps new offerings and a larger IPA focus.
Latest News And Press
https://www.carolinabrew.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/09/Cream-and-Brown-Minimal-Aesthetic-Business-Name-Facebook-Cover-1.png 924 1640 CBC_Wpadmin /wp-content/uploads/2021/10/carolina-brewing_icon_two-color_for-dark-background.png CBC_Wpadmin2022-09-22 10:12:242022-09-22 10:23:35Charitable Partners
We've been lucky to have a hand in helping some great organizations,…
https://www.carolinabrew.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/06/new-ownership-1.png 450 800 CBC_Wpadmin /wp-content/uploads/2021/10/carolina-brewing_icon_two-color_for-dark-background.png CBC_Wpadmin2021-06-15 15:47:542021-10-04 16:34:15NCBeerBuzz: New Ownership
NCBeerBuzz: New Ownership
NCBeerGuys stopped by to meet our new owner, Jason Howard, and…